Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday 15 September 2013

Europe Trip | Paris, Rome & Venice

I have never been to Europe in my life before, so I was ecstatic a couple of months ago when my parents announced that we were travelling to Europe in August. So here I am, with senior year already starting to stress me out, getting back into the school mode. But I wanted to write this blog post and give some fashion/food/attractions recommendations, and at the same time reminisce about my lovely trip.

☼ FIRST STOP: PARIS ☼ 

~Outfits~

My tip for those people who have trouble squishing everything into their suitcase before going on a trip,is bringing a few essentials that can be worn repetitively. (especially if your hotel(s) has laundry services). For example, you will see leggings, my pink cardigan, and my favourite pair of high-waisted shorts be worn constantly in these photos. Then, I just had fun packing as many different tops as I could.

Day 1: Panda Top from Forever 21 (The print is just so adorable), Grey Leggings from Costco (I used to stay away from buying clothes there because it looked unappealing, but they actually have the best deals for wardrobe essentials like leggings, camisoles, etc.)
Day 2: Red Bandeau from Dynamite, Just Chill Tank Top from Forever 21 (I love this top because it's oversized and looks great with leggings. It's also a high-low top which I love.), Black Leggings from Costco
Day 3: Dress from American Eagle (I have way too many dresses from AE but the blue ombre was just too perfect to resist.), Pink Cardigan from Forever 21 (my go to cardigan, you'll see me wear this in almost every photo), Sandals from Aldo (my favourite pair of sandals ever)
Day 4: Floral Top From American Eagle (I love how it's sheer and flowy.), White Shorts from American Eagle (I love the cutout pattern of these shorts), Cardigan, again.

~Food~

Angelina is a must visit while in Paris. It is probably the best cafe/pastry shop you will ever eat at in your life. First of all, their speciality is their hot chocolate, which was the richest, creamiest, most delicious hot chocolate I have ever tasted. The macaroons are also a must eat because let's face it, how can you go to Paris without trying a French Macaroon? The caramel is my personal favourite but strawberry is the most popular flavour!

~Attractions~

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND VISITING THE LOUVRE WHEN IN PARIS. I personally enjoyed it even more than the Eiffel Tower. Even if you are not a museum person, the architecture is simply beautiful. Also, if you visit, I encourage you to join a tour group because all the history in the museum and of the masterpieces inside is absolutely insane. It was also extremely cool to get up close to the original Mona Lisa painting. 

☼ SECOND STOP: ROME ☼ 


~Outfits~

Rome (well, Italy in general) is EXTREMELY hot during the summer so I recommend bringing a lot of shorts/dresses.

Day 1: High-Waisted Shorts from Garage (You'll see a lot of these shorts as well), Crop Top from Forever 21 (works well with the shorts haha)
Day 2: Dress from American Eagle (I find the colour of this dress so classy.)
Day 3: Maxi Dress from Uniqlo (This was bought in Japan by my dad. GOOD CHOICE DADDY!), CARDIGAN AGAIN LOL
Day 4: Dress from Forever 21 CHINA (This is probably my all time favourite dress. I bought it when I visited China last summer and it goes super well with my skin tone. I'm also absolutely in love with the ruffles.)

~Food~


Italian food has always been one of my favourite foods in the world so imagine how excited I was to arrive at Italy and seeing all the cute little cafes. I found it a way better experience sitting outside a little authentic cafe than in a busy restaurant. Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Basil is so simple yet so delicious. The basil adds such a nice touch and it just tastes different than what you would normally eat in America. Bruschetta is also one of my favourites to get as an appetizer in Italy. And of course, calling all ice cream lovers like myself, getting gelatos at little street-side stores are a must. BEST ICE CREAM EVER.

~Attractions~

Sightseeing Ancient Rome is not exactly an attraction, but it was definitely what I enjoyed doing most. Yes it was intriguing to visit the Colosseum and the Pantheon, but just looking at it all from afar was breathtaking. Look at the beauty that is Ancient Rome. All the architecture and the beautiful Italian sky. It's just all surreal.

☼ LAST STOP: VENICE ☼ 


~Outfits~

Woops sorry for the big, unclear photos. I only stayed two days in Venice so the photos got blown up bigger than they should have. Anyways, the days we were at Venice were extremely comfortable because it had just rain so the temperature was at around 25 degrees Celsius. Normally Venice is VERY hot so we were lucky. Again, I recommend packing your shorts and dresses for Venice.

Day 1: Top from Winners (It's not a place I normally shop but occasionally you can find some great deals!). High-Waisted Shorts and Pink Cardigan again.
Day 2: Crop Tank Top from Forever 21 (One of my favourite tops of this summer. There's a cute heart pattern on it and the blue is such a bright and fun colour.),  High-Waisted Shorts and Pink Cardigan again.

My sunglasses in both these photos are from Aldo.

~Food~

When eating in Venice, I would recommend going to the cute little cafes right beside the water. It is truly an amazing view and Italian cafes always have the best food. I ate Frankfurter Sausage Pizza (because who goes to Italy and doesn't eat pizza), as well as Tiramisu yumyumyum. Tiramisu is definitely my favourite Italian dessert next to gelato. 


~Attractions~

And finally, yes they're overpriced, yes they're touristy but gondola rides in Venice are a must. It's the best way to experience the many beautiful water roads in Venice and is in general just really relaxing. If you're lucky, you might pass by a gondola with a singer (if they're on your boat you have to tip them so i wouldn't recommend it). Also, just spend time in Venice walking all its streets - which isn't hard at all because Venice is a tiny city. 



THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING ALL ABOUT MY AMAZING TRIP THIS SUMMER! (: I hope you found my recommendations and tips helpful and if you are planning on going to Europe in the future, I wish you an amazing trip. You're going to love it, I promise! Also, I am now committed to updating every Sunday so feel free to pester me if I don't haha. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to Europe this summer too! I love the photos and all your outfits! (haha, we're sisters shhhh)

Jenny xx
jennyyou.blogspot.ca

Post a Comment