Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Biking Trip | Downtown Ottawa

Woohoo first blog post! So I basically started this blog because every year, being the lazy person I am, I waste my summer break away by spending countless hours on Tumblr and watching TV. I created this blog so that hopefully, it will motivate me to go out and gain some amazing experiences instead of staying at home and being lazy.

So to start the summer off, I went on a biking trip all the way to Downtown Ottawa with my sister, Jenny, and my dad on June 30th. It was around a 2 hour bike ride there (well, for me that is, as I am probably the most unfit person you will ever meet). Below is a photo of my bike. Nothing special; its from Costco haha. ;) However, I am in love with the colour.
The biking routes to go downtown are amazing because they provide you with such beautiful views of the city. The Ottawa River is especially beautiful and proves to be a great place to take a break in the middle of a long bike ride. A cute place that we passed by is a segment of the river that contains many sculptures created by balancing rocks found in the river on top of each other.
When we reached downtown we were once again met with an amazing view of the river and Parliament Hill. In photo, taken by Jenny, I am standing with my dad. And if you were wondering (which you probably weren't seeing as you can hardly see me closely), my lace shorts are from American Eagle and I'm wearing pink Converse high tops.
After we reached Parliament Hill, we met with my mom downtown and went for lunch at Lone Star (FAJITAS YUMMM) and went shopping at Rideau Centre. Of course, we had to bike home (another 2 hours) after this fun afternoon out in downtown, so I was completely exhausted when I finally arrived home. I am proud to say I made it back alive, but I'm pretty sure my sore leg muscles will be bothering me for the remainder of my week. Despite how tiring the trip was, I'm glad to be exercising and staying fit, especially after being glued to my desk for a school year. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing photos! I love going on bike rides :) Hope to see more posts soon!

Amelia x
mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Hello! I just nominated you for the Liebster Awards since you are one of my favourite bloggers! You can see the post here: http://jennyyou.blogspot.ca/2013/09/liebster-award.html!

Jenny xx
jennyyou.blogspot.ca

Post a Comment